Thursday, October 28, 2010

Funky Cosmetic Bags

Time is flying by as the most wonderful time of the year is approaching.. or is it already here?
Recently our church had their annual fall men's retreat, so my sister and I were both without our husbands for 3 days and 2 nights. Here in the big city, that can be kind of creepy! So we each had the girls of our class over for a sleepover. My sister wanted to give each of her teenage girls a cosmetic bag as a gift. She chose the fabrics, and here is what I came up with!
I had to make eight of them! Each of them had a shabby chic flower with a coordinating button as the center.


The interior was a fun stripe



A tab on the side makes carrying it easier


A lot of work, but the teenagers loved them! Their smiles were well worth the effort! Now I just have to find the time to make one for myself....


No comments:

Post a Comment