(I apologize for some of the pictures being blurry.. I had to make 6 of these in 1 day, and I was in a huge hurry!)
First I simply used the width of normal 45" wide fabric for the width of the skirt, and measured 24" down for the length. I cut the length pieces, and trimmed off the selvage and the fold.
I then put the front and back RST, and sewed a 1/2" seam allowance on each side.
The skirt then looked like this: I then serged all the edges, but I forgot to take pictures of that
I then sewed a 1/2" hem on the bottom of the skirt. I ironed over 2" at the top. I set my sewing machine on a wide zig zag stitch, and stretched and stitched the elastic on to the edge of the 2" casing.
The elastic needs to be cut quite a bit smaller than the finished measurement, since the elastic doesn't stretch back as small after being stitched.
I took black embroidery floss and stitched a loop on each side to keep the belt in place
I added a black satin belt
The skirts turned out so cute and looked great on the girls! I will try to remember to get pictures of them wearing them finished!
Happy Tuesday everyone!